For Guidance Counselors
Guidance Counselors play an important role as students sort through the many options for college. You're looking for the right mix of opportunities for each of them – we are confident a Virginia private college has it.
Here are four ways to use our website to identify the best options. Consider sharing these with your students and families.
Find out about the advantages of a Virginia private college
- small classes and plenty of opportunities to work closely with faculty create a high quality experience that contributes to student success.
Student Engagement and Involvement
— our colleges offer numerous opportunities to get involved, whether the student is interested in student government, campus publications, performing arts, athletics or community service.
- the work experiences, international studies, and research opportunities gained through our colleges are exactly what employers and Graduate schools seek. A liberal arts
education is more relevant than ever in our global economy.
Learn more about our Virginia Private Colleges
- profiles include an overview of each institution as well as admission information, lists of academic and athletic programs and other important information.
Myth v. Fact
- get the truth about Virginia private colleges, including their affordability, access to financial aid, diversity and excellence in career and graduate school preparation.
Use the College Finder and the Visit Calendar to narrow it down
Get the facts on cost and value
- our colleges may be more affordable than you think. Last year, approximately 72% of students at Virginia private colleges reduced their tuition bill.
Financial Aid 101
illustrates the various forms of financial assistance and how it affects the actual cost of a Virginia private college.
We also offer several opportunities to engage guidance counselors and independent counselors:
Virginia Private College Counselor Tour.
The Virginia Private Colleges host an annual counselor tour each spring, in the month of April. Additional information can be found here
Virginia Private College Week.
The 2017 Virginia Private College Week will be held July 24-29. Virginia Private College Week affords prospective students the ability to visit participating college campuses and receive three application fee waivers for visiting three or more participating colleges. Monday-Friday, there will be a morning (9:00 am) and afternoon (2:00 pm) session. On Saturday, there will be a morning (9:00 am) session only. College consultants and high school guidance counselors are also eligible to receive the three application fee waivers for participating. Please call 1.540.586.0606 for details. Additional information can be found here